- Title: Expire HFT grants that have not been claimed for over 60 days
- Author(s): @gxmxni
- Related Discussions: N/A
- Submission Date: December 22, 2022
Simple Summary: HFT is meant for users who engage with the protocol, and is a reward conveying governing power in exchange for loyalty and involvement. Some users never claim their HFT. The suggestion is to re-assign those HFT back to the DAO treasury an recycle them for future initiatives.
Abstract: Introduce and expand on the proposal. Highlight key points on how the proposal will improve stakeholder experience, protocol performance, and the overall implementation process.
Motivation: First off, remove rewards for users who do not interact with the protocol. Secondly, reclaim tokens that can be recycled for future activities (e.g. the Hashverse). The Hashflow Foundation has already implemented aggressive notifications in the UI that alert users when HFT is available for claiming.
Specification: On a daily basis, the HFT award service will monitor token unlocks that have been stale for over 60 days. For each such user, currently awarded (vested & unvested) HFT will be nullified. The user can still earn rewards in the future. The Hashflow Foundation engineering team will implement extra notifications to alert users when their rewards are within 2 weeks of expiry.
- Do not reward users who are no longer active.
- Increase DAO treasury, which enables more future activities.
- Save some HFT which would otherwise be locked indefinitely (e.g. wallets that are no longer active, or no longer accessible)
- Downside (Cons):
- Some users who come back later and see their rewards gone may be pushed away. However, the current DAU is about 2K, which is orders of magnitude smaller than what we hope to build here.
- Voting: “yes” to implement the above, “no” otherwise